October 22nd 2016
- Marianne Vandenlemmer : "Laika and his space dogs comrades" - 69 %
- Patric Heye : "Belgian astronauts" - DIPL
- Patric Heye : "SpaceX - a new generation of shuttles" - 76 %
- Patric Heye : "Buran - the Russian shuttle" - 72 %
25/05/2017 : Festival del Volo in Milano.
On June 2nd a Flight Festival takes place in Milano. The show goes from balloons to airplanes to spaceflight. Special guest will be Franco Malerba, Italian astronaut. - read more.
14/05/2017 : Great American Solar Eclipse 2017.
Article from Jim Reichman on the Great American Solar Eclipse 2017, with chart of the cities where the eclipse will be complete and picture of the new stamps edited by US Post Office - read more.
04/2017 : On 6 May 2017, the Vaccari company will offer for sale many interesting Astrophilatelic material - take a look.
08/11/2016 : The end of the " Association Philatélique du CNES " - more
08/10/2016 : After the elections of the new Bureau of the FIP Section for Astrophilately, the FIP President Mr. Tay Peng Hian and FIP Secretary General Mrs. Andrée Trimmer-Schiltz thanked Igor Rodin for his 8 year period as Chairman of the Section. Igor Rodin was awarded th FIP Medal for Service.
Ever wanted to visit the ISS ? Of course, but impossible.
Not anymore : you can now explore the ISS with Google Street View !
Pictures were taken by French astronaut Pesquet and digitally arranged by Google to have a 360° view in the ISS.
Start your journey into humanity's most remote outpost.
- The International Cosmonaut Day was celebrated in the Russian House of Science and Culture in Berlin.
The Honored Guests of the space festival were :
- Soviet Cosmonaut Aleksey Eliseev, veteran of 3 space flights;
- the first German cosmonaut Sigmund Jähn;
- German astronaut Thomas Reiter, advisor to the Director General of the European Space Agency.
More info and pictures at astrophilatelist.com.
FEPA placed information about Astro event in Berlin at its official website.
- From Igor Rodin we were told the sad news that Soviet veteran-cosmonaut Georgy Grechko passed away today at the age of 85. He was the first officially appointed space postmaster aboard the Salyut-6 space station.