HISTORY OF BFV COSMOS
How it began ...
BFV Cosmos was founded in Gent on 19 December 1971 after some spaceflight enthousiasts got together and exchanged ideas on collecting space stamps and covers.
This new stamp club would unite space philatelists and would provide all services to the members as well as to look after their interests.
The new society would also publish a magazine to keep contact between board and members. This publication should be a source of information on scientific and spaceflight activities, give advice on philatelic and astrophilatelic items and communicate on activities in the club.
to help promoting philately and especially promote space philately, without interference or moral coercion to the members.
- publishing the magazine " Cosmos "
- organizing congresses, exhibitions and lectures
- tombola between members on the reunions
- Exchange service
In the early 1972, the number 1 issue was published as
" Cosmos - Tijdschrift voor ruimtevaart filatelie "
" Cosmos - Magazine for space philately "
The main article in this new magazine was written by Raoul Vanderstockt and entitled : " Why this new postal stamp society ?
- President: VAN NOTEN Willy
- Vice-Pres.: VANDERSTOCKT Raoul
- Secretary: LAUWERS Georges
- Treasurer: ONDERBEKE Maurice
- Exchanges: BROECKAERT André